We discovered the best way we could make a difference is by using our expertise as retailers and establishing a global market for their Fair Trade products. This provides a valuable market for many talented artisans and producers and enables them to be sustainable, have a regular income and be self reliant.
We travel to Lao & Cambodia to source our unique Fair Trade goods and meet the talented artisans and producers. acoco supports traditional methods of production and the use of recycled and sustainable materials. Through this journey we have created collaborative partnerships, which allows us to work in conjunction with these talented producers.
Our vision is reflected in our uniquely designed hand crafted products, which are mainly produced by underprivileged women, people with disabilities and the socially disadvantaged. We pay artisans and suppliers in advance and purchase through Fair Trade accredited, ethical organisations.
acoco is a member of the Fair Trade Organisation of Australia and follows principles that are modelled on the ten principles of fair trade, as promoted by the World Fair Trade Organization.
- Creating Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers
- Transparency and Accountability
- Fair Trading Practices
- Payment of a Fair Price
- Ensuring no Child Labor and Forced Labor
- Commitment to Non Discrimination, Gender Equity and Freedom of Association
- Ensuring Good Working Conditions
- Providing Capacity Building
- Promoting Fair Trade
- Respect for the Environment